I make no secret of the fact that Autumn is my most favourite season to photograph in. The colours, the soft light, the atmospheric mists… and did I mention the COLOURS? It’s a feast for the eyes and senses. Luckily for me there are many families who equally love the lure of Autumn, as this time of year is one of my busiest. And here’s why:
1) Let’s start with the most obvious one – the colours….. like a rainbow of reds, yellows, oranges and browns. Can’t get enough of those colours! If you are looking for stunning autumnal backdrops, I can suggest ideas to find them in Surrey.
2) The light – the sun is lower in the sky than summer and this gives a beautiful natural light. As a photographer, I know exactly how to use this light to your advantage. It’s flattering and soft and when filtered through the trees, its stunning.
3) Leaves – children LOVE autumn leaves. Jumping on them. Throwing them. Catching them. Hunting for the really giant ones the size of their faces. Watching the wind blow them up in the air. During a family photography Portrait Session, I love to encourage children to do all of these things – to me, it’s capturing in creative photographs, a little piece of their childhood.
4) The clothes you can wear…. lovely layers and textures. Chunky knits, chunky stompy boots, gillets, a cute little hat. And the children can run around and not get all red-faced and sweaty but instead get a nice rosy glow. If you would like me to, I can give guidance on what colours work best on an Autumn Photo Session.
5) Finally, one other reason why families love this time of year to capture gorgeous family photos: they are ready-made Christmas presents to give to family! (-;
If you like the idea of celebrating your family by capturing some gorgeous autumnal portraits. I have just a couple of weekend slots left and some weekday availability – give me a buzz: 07879 640484 or email me: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.